Dear Sacred Heart Families,
Blessings to you and your families during this unprecedented and difficult time. COVID-19 is a global pandemic that has truly stretched around the world, affecting people globally – including our own Sacred Heart community. You all know we have had to change the way we celebrate the Mass during the pandemic. The parish staff works hard to provide the most meaningful celebration of the mass, possible under State of Washington and Archdiocesan restrictions. Here’s what you can expect:
- With regular mass attendance, pre-registration is a necessity in order to stay true to the COVID guidelines we are compelled to follow.
- 5:00pm Weekend Saturday and Sunday are live streamed on the Parish Website so that those who do not wish to risk exposure may participate from home.
- 8:45am Daily Masses on Wednesday’s, Thursday and Friday, are typically live streamed on the Parish Website so that those who do not wish to risk exposure may participate from home.
- The environment in the church are set up to minimize the risk of exposure to coronavirus. Please cooperate with us in complying with the COVID guidelines.
- All participants will be asked to self-screen for COVID symptoms prior to attending and, in consideration of others, stay home if any member of the household has symptoms.
- Everyone must wear a face covering that covers the mouth and nose—no exceptions. If you have a medical exemption for wearing a face covering, you will need to stay home and participate using the live stream.
- Participants should plan to only sit with members of their own household.
- There will be a check-in procedure and ushers will assist people with finding their reserved seats.
- In order to provide adequate ventilation, the windows will be open and outside air will be circulating. It may be cold — congregants should dress warmly.
- Just like during other weekend Masses under COVID restrictions, there will be NO congregational singing. We will have a cantor and accompanist provide music at each Mass.
- Communion will be distributed after the Mass has concluded and congregants will be asked to leave the church immediately after receiving communion. No socializing will be allowed inside the church or gym.
We realize that this will be a different experience. Perhaps it will give us the opportunity to focus on the true meaning of mass and the Father’s gift of Jesus to us.