Questions or if you would like to join Social Concerns,
Mary Dickins, 425-454-9536, email@example.com
The Social Concerns Commission is rooted in our baptismal call and invites all parishioners to discover and share the gifts God has given them with the least among us.
The mission of the Social Concerns Commission is to educate the members of Sacred Heart Parish Community to act justly by sharing their time, talent and treasures, by providing opportunities for service, and coordinating the social works engaged in by the Sacred Heart Community.
The Social Concerns Commission lives out this vision by coordinating the following activities:
- In August, working with Congregations for Kids by gathering School supplies for children in Bellevue, whose families have a limited or minimal income
- In Fall, working with Congregations for Kids by collecting coats, hats, and mittens for children living in Bellevue whose families have a limited or minimal income.
- In November, working with Congregations for the Homeless by providing the evening meal for the men who are homeless and in August providing lunches for the men who are homeless.
- By participating in Catholic Advocacy Day, which is sponsored and organized by the Washington State Catholic Conference and Intercommunity Peace and Justice Center.
- By joining the nation-wide program Rebuilding Together on the last Saturday in April, to help re-hab a house for a neighborhood family.
Congregation for Kids Backpack Drive – 2020
Sacred Heart Church, once again is helping Congregation for Kids in purchasing school supplies.
This year, because of the virus, they are asking for Backpacks and monetary donations only.
There will be a bin in the Narthex marked , Congregation for Kids, Backpacks.
If you wish to support them with a check, please make the check out to Congregation for Kids and put in an envelope to the attention of Mary Dickins and put in the mail box to the right of the parish office door.
Cut off date is August 16th.