Do not text or talk on your cell phone when driving in the school parking lot.
Do not park in any designated fire zones or handicapped spaces without a handicapped parking permit. Do not block the gates in the upper lot.
Between 7:00 and 8:10am, please drop your children off at the ESS entrance on north side of the school.
Upper Lot: K-3rd Grades
Between 8:10 and 8:30am, pull straight ahead to the Library entrance before stopping to let your children out right next to the staff member on duty. Please have your children exit from the passenger side of the car, step up onto the sidewalk, and walk safely on the sidewalk all the way to the school front entrance. Carefully continue to drive around the back of the school via the one way loop and exit on 97th Ave NE.
Upper Lot: Pre-K
Please park in the upper lot (spaces in the center of the lot) and walk your children to the classroom at 8:20am.
Lower Lot: 4-8 Grades
When dropping-off students in the lower parking lot please enter via NE 14th St.
- If there are no cars ahead of you, please pull your car all the way to the stairs nearest the school before stopping to unload your passengers.
- If there are cars ahead of you, please pull into line behind them. Please wait until you have at least reached the basketball hoop (located past the first set of stairs) before unloading your passengers.
- Please make sure your passengers exit from the driver’s side of your vehicle whenever possible to avoid children crossing lines of traffic.
- If you are planning to park your car (e.g., to purchase scrip, attend a meeting), please drop off your children in the drop-off line and then drive around to a parking space. Please do not park to drop-off your children as they then have to cross the line of traffic.
- If students or parents are waiting to cross the traffic line, please follow the directions of the staff member on duty about when to wait and when to drive.
- Please do not pull out of the drop-off line and drive around the cars in front of you. Waiting in line for a few more moments helps to keep the drop-off safe for everyone.
- Exit via the north end of the parking lot (near the big toy).
Upper Lot: Pre-K
Please park outside the gate at the upper lot. The Pre-K teacher or aide will walk your child outside. Carefully drive around and exit onto NE 14th St.
Upper Lot: K and 1st Grades
The Upper Lot is only for Kindergarten and First Grade, carpools with kindergarten and first grade, or exceptional needs (e.g., injured students).
Enter via NE 14th to upper lot and park in spaces beyond fenced area.
Exit is via the one way loop and exit on 97th Ave. NE.
Lower Lot: 2-8 Grades
- Enter the lot via NE 14th and park following the directions of the parking supervisor (with hockey stick).
- If you are going to remain in your car to pick up your child and leave quickly, please park head-in a #1 space (i.e., one of the “front” parking spaces with room for another car to park behind you).
- If you are going to get out of your car to talk with other parents, buy scrip, etc., please park in a #2 space (i.e., behind a #1 space). In this way you will not block other cars.
- For the safety of the students, please DO NOT back up your vehicle into the walk zone.
- EXIT the lot via the north end of the parking lot only (near the big toy). The City of Clyde Hill does not allow us to exit via the NE 14th St. entrance at pick-up and drop-off time.