Sacred Heart School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
The following priority basis will be used to accept students to Sacred Heart School:
- Siblings of current students
- Members of Sacred Heart Parish
- Members of other Catholic parishes
- Non-Catholic students
- Children entering Pre-Kindergarten must be four (4) years of age by August 31st.
- Children entering Kindergarten must be five (5) years of age by August 31st.
Assessment Time Lines
All new students (K-8) seeking admission to Sacred Heart School are assessed both academically and socially here at the school prior to admission.
- Kindergarten assessments take place during a three day period typically in January.
- Grade 1 group assessment typically takes place in February
- Grades 2-8 visits/assessments are scheduled for individual students and based on availability for each particular grade. These typically take place in February and March.
Required Admissions Documentation (in addition to Application form + $25 fee)
Grades K and 1: Prior year report card upon request
- Prior 2 years complete report cards
- Most up-to-date current year report card
- Teacher letter of recommendation (form to be provided by SHS)
- All standardized test results/records
- Record of IEP and/or 504 Plan (if applicable)
Upon Acceptance, documents we require:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate (or letter explaining non-Catholic)
- Completed Background Check Form
- Parish Recommendation Form (if family transferring to SHS from other parish)
- Record of IEP (if applicable)
Non-Catholic students whose parents support the philosophy and mission of Sacred Heart School will be accepted on a space-available basis.