Conferences are an important part of the educational process here at SHS and an important opportunity for teachers and parents to check-in together face-to-face. All families are expected to attend a conference for each of their children during these two and a half days.
Please note: Pre-K and Kindergarten students do not attend conferences just parents. 1st through 8th grade conferences are led by the students.
- Monday, November 19, 7:30am-2:30pm
- Tuesday November 20, 11:30am-6:30pm
- Wednesday November 12, 8:00am – 10:00am
Pre-K thru 5th grade conference links:
Britt Boyd will be in the gym.
We are asking that families who will not be traveling a long distance for Thanksgiving to schedule their conferences on Tuesday or Wednesday if possible so that families who are traveling a long distance can hold their conferences on Monday or Tuesday.
Middle School conferences will take place in the gym during those same times.
However, this year, we are asking our middle school families to please sign up for the block of time during which you plan on attending your middle schooler’s conference.
This sign up WILL
- Give SHS a general idea of when middle schoolers will be attending conferences
- Allow teachers to better plan for which students they will see on a given day
- Allow families to plan around times that are busier/less busy
This sign up WILL NOT
- Bind you to a specific time
- Guarantee a specific meeting time with a teacher
We hope that by signing up for your anticipated time of visit, both our teachers and families will be able to plan ahead and use their time most efficiently and effectively.