Junior Players is open to any Sacred Heart School students in second or third grade. Students rehearse and perform a group number during the first act of Narnia.
Because the program has been incredibly popular in years past, spaces will be distributed via a lottery system this year. We will have up to forty spaces available, divided equally between our two casts.
- The matinee cast performs on Saturday, April 6th and Sunday, April 7th at 2:00pm. This cast rehearses on Tuesdays from 3:15 – 4:00.
- The evening cast performs on Friday, April 5th and Saturday, April 6th at 7:00pm. This cast rehearses on Thursdays from 3:15 – 4:00.
The registration lottery opens on Monday, January 7th at 9:00am and closes on Monday, January 14th at 9:00am. The lottery form will be posted on the
Playmakers website and can be filled out at any time during that time period. Parents
will be asked to indicate their preference for the matinee cast or the evening cast.
At noon on Monday, January 14th, the lottery will be conducted in the school office:
- The first name drawn will take the first space in their preferred cast (matinees or
- Each subsequent name will be placed in their preferred cast until all spaces are
filled. If a student indicates they are only interested in a cast that is filled prior to
their name being drawn, they will be placed on the waitlist.
- Once both casts are filled, all remaining names will continue to be drawn and
added to the waitlist in the order drawn.
- Families will be notified about their students’ status via email following the
drawing. That email will also contain the time-sensitive registration link; registering for the play is how students accept their roles. Junior Players must register by
Wednesday, January 16th at noon or they will forfeit their spot and be
moved to the bottom of the waitlist. No reminder emails will be sent.
Students can be added to the bottom of the Junior Players waitlist at any time
after the lottery by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.