We are looking forward to seeing your child at Narnia auditions/interviews next week. Please read through this email completely so you can help your child be prepared when they arrive.
Prior to Audition/Interview Day
- Parents – Please read through the handbook and help your students complete their Audition Packet or Tech Packet
- Students – Get your Audition Packet or Tech Packet signed by your homeroom teacher (and ARC teacher, for middle school ARC students). Choose and rehearse your audition material – the person reading the other character’s lines will be sitting behind the audition table, so you can choose to speak toward them or to an imaginary version of that character somewhere onstage.
On your Audition/Interview Day
- Please arrive at the Moore at least five minutes before your audition time. We have more than eighty 4th – 8th graders auditioning, and arriving early will help us keep on schedule.
- Bring your completed, signed Audition Packet or Tech Packet. You must have your packet in order to audition or interview.
- Parents are welcome to wait in the Moore while your student auditions or interviews. They are released once they have finished with the panel in the Music Room.
After Audition/Interview Day
- Callbacks for actors are scheduled as follows (times TBD):
- Scenework: December 13th & 17th
- Music: December 14th
- Dance: December 18th
- Students needed for callbacks will be notified via email after school lets out on Friday, December 7th. Not all actors will be called back, and callbacks are not an indication of whether or not a student will be cast. Students attending callbacks will receive additional material to rehearse and perform.
- Casting decisions, tech crew offers and waitlist notifications will go out over Winter Break. Please see the handbook for more details.
- Narnia Handbook REQUIRED READING FOR ALL FAMILIES PRIOR TO AUDITIONS/INTERVIEWS
- Audition Packet REQUIRED FOR ALL SINGING/SPEAKING and ENSEMBLE ONLY AUDITIONS
- Tech Packet REQUIRED FOR ALL TECH INTERVIEWS
- Audition materials (song files, sheet music, audition scenes and lyrics)
- Helpful documents (casting policy, character descriptions, audition requirements, audition rubric, casting policy)
For Tech Crew
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.