Questions or if you would like to join Social Concerns, please contact:
Mary Dickins, 425-454-9536, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Social Concerns Commission is rooted in our baptismal call and invites all parishioners to discover and share the gifts God has given them with the least among us.
The mission of the Social Concerns Commission is to educate the members of Sacred Heart Parish Community to act justly by sharing their time, talent and treasures, by providing opportunities for service, and coordinating the social works engaged in by the Sacred Heart Community.
The Social Concerns Commission lives out this vision by coordinating the following activities:
- In August, working with Congregations for Kids by gathering School supplies for children in Bellevue, whose families have a limited or minimal income
- In Fall, working with Congregations for Kids by collecting coats, hats, and mittens for children living in Bellevue whose families have a limited or minimal income.
- In November, working with Congregations for the Homeless by providing the evening meal for the men who are homeless and in August providing lunches for the men who are homeless.
- By participating in Catholic Advocacy Day, which is sponsored and organized by the Washington State Catholic Conference and Intercommunity Peace and Justice Center.
- By joining the nation-wide program Rebuilding Together on the last Saturday in April, to help re-hab a house for a neighborhood family.
Social Concerns Internet Links